Job Posting: Staff Sex Educator/Shop Assistant & Workshop Facilitator
Starting date: April 1, 2019
We’re looking for someone to join the Other Nature team as a part-time Sex Educator/Shop Assistant & occasional workshop facilitator.
The position involves helping customers in the shop, unpacking orders, operating the cash register, and doing a variety of retail-related tasks, in addition to facilitating some in-house Other Nature workshops. Training will be provided.
We hope you’ll consider applying if you have a passion for sex education, enjoy talking to people about sex all day long, are an extremely good listener, and also love to create nice displays, and clean!
We’re looking for someone who*:
- Has strong communication skills in both English and German, spoken and written.
- Is warm, friendly, and sensitive to the needs of others.
- Is self-reflective and can talk to people in a non-judgmental way.
- Is open and receptive to feedback and continuing professional development.
- Has customer service experience.
- Is comfortable speaking in front of groups. Prior facilitation experience is an asset.
- Has a high level of personal integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Can work flexibly with our small team, has a good sense of humour, and responds positively and creatively to multiple demands with conflicting timescales.
- Has a deep commitment to the mission and vision of Other Nature, and is familiar with the products, workshops and events we offer.
*We ask people to please apply for this position only if they meet the criteria listed here. We genuinely appreciate that you want to work with us, but as our time and resources are limited, please wait until the right position for you opens up!
Please also note that, although our approach to retail at Other Nature is quite different from more “sales-oriented” stores, there is still a lot of daily housekeeping needed to make the shop look nice and feel cozy. So if mopping floors and emptying trash bins isn’t your vibe, then this might not be the job for you.
We are hiring specifically for late afternoon/evening shifts and all-day Saturday shifts. The standard weekly schedule would be 2 shifts per week, usually an evening shift from 4-8pm and Saturday from 11:30-7:30, for a total of 12 hours per week. Please indicate your availability on your application. If your availability does not match these shifts, you will not be considered for the position.[
This is a salaried permanent contract position, with a monthly gross (Brutto) income of 500€, and includes all health and social insurance benefits + paid holidays. If you’re a student or otherwise insured, we’re open to discussing other possible employment forms.
Other Nature is committed to diversifying our staff team. We especially welcome applications from people of colour, trans* and non-binary people, and members of groups who often encounter systemic barriers to employment. If there are ways in which you identify that you would like us to take into consideration, please let us know on your application.
To Apply: Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 4, 2019. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by March 15, and interviews will be held on March 22. Because of our limited time resources, we’ll only be able to reply to those we invite for an interview: thanks for your understanding!